Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Begining of Something New...

This blog marks the beginning of something new. Actually, it marks the beginning of many new things going on in my life now.

One of the most life changing experiences going on in my life is that my family will be changing churches. God is pulling my family to join JR Briggs in starting a new church in Lansdale. After much prayer and consideration, we feel that this is God thing and a very good thing as well. This change set forth before us was indeed a challenge. A life changing challenge one might say. JR laid out some expectations for people interested in teaming up with him in starting this new church called Renew. Many of the changes weren't new ideas to me, but rather things I knew I ought to be doing, but wasn't. After committing to help JR, I realized that I need to make some major changes in my lifestyle. The hardest change for me was to give up online gaming and significantly reduce PC gaming in general. I found I was wasting too much time worrying about little towns I had built online and not spending enough time with family and with other REAL people. I also felt a deep conviction to write a book, but would always dismiss the idea due to not being able to find the time to do that. Finally, I prayed about where I could find the time to write and was reminded about the time I spent gaming. Since, with God's help, I've abandoned those online cities I have found new wells of time. So here I am now, spending some of that time writing this blog.

My hopes of this blog is to help me get into the mode of writing and write down life golden nuggets that I learn along the way and share them with others. My prayer is that this blog will not only help me form my thoughts for an eventual book, but that this blog will also bless others reading it and strike up conversations and perhaps even convictions that would not come about otherwise.

What I share here is what is going on in my life; thoughts I am having, ideas that hit me and what make my world go around. It is not meant to condemn you or make you feel condemned in any way, but if God convicts you about something you read here, pray about it, let God speak to you, share your thoughts with someone and see miracles flow. May you experience God's immense love for you while reading this blog!

More new things to come...

No comments: