Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What a Friend...

A little while ago, my family was driving to house church and my wife was talking about an upcoming shower for one of the ladies in our house church. Although she was very excited about the shower, she was disappointed that it would not be a surprise for her.

Lately, I had been reflecting on how emotions that we experience are very like those that God has. Since He created us in His image than it is very likely that we experience in emotions what He has already experienced emotionally. I realized how my wife, love to give surprises, but we hate receiving surprises. Well, we love receiving good surprises - especially if we don't about them in advance. We hate being told that there is a surprise for us and having to wait for it to be revealed. I believe that we hate being in the receiving position for two reasons. One, fear. We tend to fear that the surprise in store for us is not all that great. Two, it means we are not in control.

After my wife expressed her disappointment about her friend knowing about the shower, I wondered if God likes to give us surprises. I believe He absolutely does, but His surprises are always excellent!

No comments: